TILB reader Jordan Abiola sent in these pics plus a very interesting story about how much he enjoys being a non-conformist. Jordan, back in 2013, flaunted his abs on the blog HERE. *winks*
It’s been a tad while I blogged, I mean, this I do on a regular basis, but for quite some time, I have been fascinated as to who I am and why I have decided to tread on this path I am on.
If it be possible, I’d love to perceive the crispness that comes from opening the new page of a book, perhaps understand the relationship that exists between the ballpoint of my pen and these pages I am about to scribble on. It gives me life.
Many a time, I have been questioned by so many people, who seemingly thought I was just some mortal that has chosen to be a way-ward, or a rebel (as the case may be), and it took the intelligentand the very learned amongst this lot, to comprehend the spirit that guides my actions, my everyday life.
Superhuman? No. A Non-Conformist? Heck Yes! It took me many years to assimilate my kind of person. I would literally refuse to do things the same way everyone does theirs. This habit which fast became a character, got me as much enemies as it got me friends. I’ll seldom sit and have a sober reflection on why I took a particular decision, but only when I am content with its actions. The aftermath.
An oil spill on a perfect canvas, I gradually nurtured myself in the Pop Culture path. Now I guess that’s where we are headed. As popular as certain cultures are, I am selective of what I want the general populace to see me as. My inner being had a sexual intercourse with my mind, and I figured, I am just not set to conform.
When my parents gave birth to me, a score and some years back, they christened me Jordan Abiola with my family’s name Bolade. All through high school, everyone knew the intelligent boy as Abiola (This is a Yoruba word which means – We gave birth to Wealth). I’d spare you the story, but I stuck to Jordan after high school and fast forward to this moment, I am Jordan Abiola.
Although of the science discipline, I have always loved entertaining and out of my quest and yearn to be different, the need to make myself stand out pioneered #TheJordanBrand which is basically everything that is to be known about the boy, Jordan Abiola. I loved the entirety of Popular Culture.
According to Wikipedia, Pop Culture is the entirety of ideas, perspectives, attitudes, images, and other phenomena that are within the mainstream of a given culture, especially Western Culture.
A cultural phenomenon that facilitates how things are done, Pop Culture to me, depicts a widely accepted group of practices or customs. So you are quite excused if I come across to you as a fun seeker, fashion enthusiast, talkative, sex symbol, lover boy or whatever you can come up with in your thoughts.
With over 7 years of experience with TV Presenting, Acting, Music, Fashion, Writing and Content development, it’s been an admixture of fun and very unpleasant times. I currently work with one of Africa’s largest media outfit as a Senior Content Coordinator and Writer and it really gladdens my heart that I am expressing myself in different ways that I can.
Talk about making your passion, your profession.
Last week, I was in the University of Lagos as I honored my appointment with a particular photographer, Caster Klicks. He picked up interest with what I associate myself with and pleaded with me we do a photoshoot. I of course, Obliged.
I do hope you find the Hobo themed photoshoot as appealing as my personality is. My name is Jordan Abiola and this and more, is what #TheJordanBrand is all about.








