Says a commenter on a post from a couple days ago called "Eugene Volokh gets a memo from his employer (the University of California) about how to avoid 'microaggressions' and he doesn't like it very much."
What Volokh said was (mocking the university's aggressive definition of microaggression):
Click for more »
What Volokh said was (mocking the university's aggressive definition of microaggression):
Well, I’m happy to say that I’m just going to keep on microaggressing. I like to think that I’m generally polite, so I won’t express these views rudely. And I try not to inject my own irrelevant opinions into classes I teach, so there are many situations in which I won’t bring up these views simply because it’s not my job to express my views in those contexts.Unlike Volokh, I don't "like to think that I’m generally polite." I dislike (and avoid) thinking that, because politeness is subjective, and I'm afraid to count on the belief that other people will think that I'm polite.
Click for more »
